Wondering what to do with those left over Easter eggs?
Well here is the perfect way to put those eggs to good use!
What goes better than bacon and eggs!!
2 large hard boiled egg, peeled and sliced
2 1/2 cups chopped asparagus
1/2 cup of cooked mushrooms
1/2 cup of diced yellow onion
2 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
pinch pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the asparagus and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until tender yet firm. Drain and chop into pieces and set to the side.
- In a small frying pan place mushrooms and onions in with a tablespoon of grass-fed butter or coconut oil. Cook on medium for 5 to 10 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- In a small bowl mix the Dijon, oil, vinegar, garlic and a pinch of pepper.
- Arrange the asparagus on a plate, top with egg and bacon and mushroom mix.
- Last drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss