Happy Cinco De Mayo …
The tastiest Mexican treat is the one and only CHURRO!
Fair goers carni’s, and theme park lovers crave these delicious Mexican delights …
So why to turn the most popular mexican dessert into the most loved breakfast treat by all!
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut creamer or almond creamer
- ⅓ cup of homemade Hazlenut Spread *(see directions below)
In a food processor combine 1 cup of raw hazelnuts, 1/4 cup of dark cacao chocolate, 1/2 tsp of vanilla, and 1/8 tsp of salt.
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- ⅓ cup palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
For Donuts and Coating:
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together. Next, add the oil, egg, vanilla and creamer. Whisk the batter until smooth and lump free.
- Place Hazlenut spread in donut batter and stir until completely mixed.
- I use my trusty Donut Maker spray it with non stick spray and fill each donut holder with a tablespoon of batter. If you do not have a donut maker you can make in the oven with a mini muffin tin. Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon the batter into each muffin hole, filling to to ¾ full. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until they are golden and a toothpick inserted into the centre of a donut comes out clean
- In a small bowl melt butter, then combine with nutmeg, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Dip the donuts lightly covering them and evenly coated.
- Brush each donut over with a light coating of melted butter; combine the sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl; toss each donut hole into the cinnamon sugar mix until evenly coated.
Happy Cinco De Mayo!