I love comfort foods with the cold wintery weather, but now that New Year’s Goals are in place I want foods that can give me comfort and a healthy body too!
Here is a great recipe that compliments both and can be served over a bed of lettuce as a salad for lunch tomorrow as well! It is simple and effective which is my favorite kind of recipe!
4 free range organic chicken breasts
2 tablespoons almond flour
dash of pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1½ cups full fat coconut milk
1 tablespoon of coconut flour
⅓ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese(for non dairy omit or use mozzarella almond or vegan cheese)
2 tablespoons basil
1 tsp of thyme
1 tsp of cilantro
- In a shallow bowl place flour. Season the chicken and pepper; dredge in the flour mixture; shake off excess and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken in batches until golden on each side, cooked through with no pink. Place on a plate
- Next add 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet; sauté the garlic for about a minute. Add the sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms; Cook until mushrooms are softened.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the coconut milk and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Season with thyme, cilantro, and basil.
- Add the coconut flour and continue to simmer while quickly stirring the mixture through until the sauce thickens (if it is not thickening add more coconut flour).
- Add in the parmesan cheese; allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts trough the sauce. Add the chicken back into the pan and let simmer for 15 20 minutes over low heat.
- Serve over Zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, or miracle noodles.