With the New Year approaching, Resolutions, Effective Workout Routines, and healthy eating habits are on the brain. With another year approaching information on “New Year’s Must Do’s” are on overload!
So what can you do Fit Ones to make this your best year yet?
Here are my top 5 tips to develop a healthy happy life in 2017!
- Drink More Water – You need to stay hydrated all day every day, not just when it’s hot outside or you’re sweating it out at the gym. “When it’s cold we forget that,” Baumrind says. “Focus on making sure you’re drinking enough water” by employing tricks like keeping a water bottle at your desk or using an app to track how much you’re drinking. If you drink lots of sugary drinks, try swapping them for unsweetened seltzer water (if the bubbles are what you crave) or fruit-infused water
- Workout in the am – It is very easy to let excuses, time, other tasks get in the way of your workouts and your overall success. We can have the best “intentions” to workout out, but life just seems to keep getting in the way. Your morning is the key to success; it can be a routine that sets your day off to great start and it can start your day off to not so great too. I have never been a morning person, but I have made my morning ritual such a habit that now the “know” of how good I will feel over weighs the un-want to get up. I wake up around the same time everyday. I might vary an hour or so depending on what time I go to bed. This keeps your body in a routine making it much easier to get up in the am. Set your workout clothes on your alarm .. Now you have to pick them up, making it much easier for you once they are in your hand to put them on!
- Create a routine thats effective and manageable – Here are some great tips and tricks from a previous blog I posted to making routine effective, manageable and fun all in one.
- Finding More Effective Ways to Manage Stress – stress eating is a bad habit for so many people. By finding other ways to cope with stress, you’ll slowly stop turning to food for comfort. Whether it’s reading a good book, getting a manicure, cooking, going for a run, or whatever else helps you blow off some steam and regroup, find something that helps you unload your stress other than food.
- Pre Planning Everything – I plan my meals on saturday afternoon and then make at least two to three meals on Sunday so I know that until Wednesday or Thursday I won’t have to worry about food. I can’t begin to express the stress that is involved with what to make, how to make, and when to make food … This is a professional approach that will make you very successful in your nutrition and other aspects of planning in your life. I also look at my week ahead and pre-plan all my workouts and sign in to my classes, so I have committed and will not back out!
Make this upcoming year your best one yet!!